The world is changing and we have to be ready to pivot at a moment’s notice. We must get healthy. We must get fit.
During this time, when we’re isolated in our homes due to the PANDEMIC of the Corona Virus, it is critical – especially with the increased caloric intake we’re experiencing from quarantine snack consumption.
Nothing is working in our favor. Some of us are alone or watching children. Some of us don’t have jobs, some of us have the stress of working from home. Gyms have temporarily closed. But, don’t let that stop you from working on your fitness. And if you’re not motivated, in pain or just don’t know where to start, don’t make excuses. You can’t afford to make excuses. You’ve got this.
Would you believe that before I started working out (almost daily), I was doing chair exercises? You have to start somewhere.
There are plenty of options for staying fit during this time right in the comfort of your home. Here are my quarantine workout from home tips:
- Get outside to garden. Growing your own food is so healthy and saves you money. Plus, you won’t have to make as many dreaded trips to the market. I have my own inside and outdoor garden and I love it.
- Lawn games or group workouts with your family. Anything goes. It’s all about living an active lifestyle, right? Try non-contact activities during this time.
- Go for a walk around your neighborhood or find a nearby park that’s less populated so that you can maintain distance from others.
- Youtube.com has free exercise videos from yoga to aerobics to weight training, and more.
- Create the latest trending TikTok video or just turn on the radio and dance or jump around for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Get to some of that spring cleaning you’ve been putting off can tackle two things at the same time. Whatever you choose, do something.
Anything on this list will help boost your immunity and mood if nothing else during this time of quarantine. Try doing it early to set the tone for your day. Pick one each day and get ready to feel amazing.